Our re-opening across the pubs is a staged process and will evolve. Things are different. We are very restricted on customer numbers and operating with much smaller teams. Gusto hospitality remains key to everything we do and we are determined that ‘Less really is more’. The safety and well-being of our team and our customers is at the heart of our plans and everything has been designed to comply with all government guidance and legislation.
We’re open for drinks and meals from our new weekly menu (and a roast on Sundays). To enable our kitchen team to work safely, our menu is only available for up to 40 people at each service. Your booking is for an inside table but if the weather is good and there’s a table free in the garden when you arrive, you are welcome to eat outside. Our opening hours have changed following the government announcement on 22nd September:
the cadogan experience
Eating and drinking is in socially distanced, seated areas only. We’ll show you to your table and bring everything to you.
We have indoor seating for up to 44 customers and outdoor seating for up to 50 customers. We are not taking bookings for outdoor tables. Please check the weather forecast and accessorise yourself accordingly with an umbrella/sun-hat/wetsuit/string vest as we may not be able to seat you inside if it rains.
We have Brewshed beer at the ready as well as a small range of other beers and Aspalls cider. If you’d like a glass of wine, we have a compact list of wines by the glass or bottle plus a small range of spirits and soft drinks.
keeping everyone safe
We are only happy to re-open in a way that we are really confident will enable us to offer you the same great Gusto hospitality that you’ve experienced in the past with us whilst complying with all government and industry guidelines.
We want to reassure everyone who visits (or is considering visiting) us that we have always taken cleanliness and hygiene very seriously and will continue to do so. We have carried out a risk assessment and our Staying Covid-19 Secure certificate is on display. We use Suma Bac D10 to sanitise which is effective against corona viruses. Your table is cleaned between each use and you will be served by one team member (where possible) at your table who will follow a frequent hand washing regime and do their utmost to socially distance from you. Cutlery is put on the table after you arrive and salt and pepper mills are sanitised before each use. Payment is by card only. Current government guidance permits 1 metre plus social distancing where other mitigating factors are in use, such as frequent hand washing or use of sanitising gel, increased cleaning of frequent touch points, good ventilation and clear signage around the building.
The rules on wearing face coverings in pubs have changed and you must wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the pub except when you are at your table or in your bedroom. Our front of house team are also wearing face coverings.
If you’re staying with us, rest assured that your room will be thoroughly cleaned as always. We’ll be paying extra attention to frequent touch points and ventilating our bedrooms well during the cleaning process. We have removed our cushions and throws for now. The contents of each tea and coffee tray will be entirely replaced for each incoming stay. Fresh milk is available on request, as are additional tea and coffee supplies.
We need to ask a few things of you if you’re paying us a visit to keep us all safe:
- Don’t visit us if you have any symptoms.
- Please wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the building except when you are at your table or in your bedroom.
- Respect social distancing, follow the one-way signs & don’t interact with other groups during your visit.
- The maximum group size is 6 people (unless you are a household or support bubble which is larger than 6). Each household should socially distance as much as possible.
- Follow good hand hygiene by washing your hands or using sanitising gel.
- Avoid touching your face & cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- Your name & contact details must be recorded for NHS Test & Trace (one per group minimum). Please scan our QR code on the NHS Covid-19 app to check yourself in (or we can record your details). If you pre-book, we will provide your details from our booking system to Test & Trace if required.
- Once you are seated at your table, please stay there (unless you need to visit the toilet) & we’ll bring everything to you.
- Children are welcome but must remain with you at your table (unless visiting the toilet when we ask you to go with them or using the play equipment when they must be supervised & maintain social distancing).
- Payment is by card only.
current social distancing rules
We’ve tried to keep our rules to a minimum but are 100% focused on keeping everyone safe and will ask you to leave if you don’t stick to these. Please be kind and respect our team, they are working really hard to make your visit enjoyable and safe. If you’d like to get in touch, you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
We want to thank you for supporting us on the next phase of our re-opening journey.
There’s a way to go but we will take our time and evolve as and when we feel the time is right.